Immunisation: An emotive topic! Vaccines are not compulsory in Australia. Our child’s first and most important medical intervention is to be inoculated against a disease on the first day of birth when the immune system is negligible. Parents are advised to make an ‘informed choice’ before deciding to immunise their child.
- Do the risks outweigh the benefits?
- If we do not fully understand what we are permitting to be put into our child’s body it is wise to wait until we have researched the contents of each vaccination
- Once inside little bodies vaccinations cannot be removed.
- Childhood diseases are critical stages in the development of a strong fully functioning immune system. An immature immune system needs to develop naturally, by fighting off the illnesses that occur in childhood.
- Avoid immunising when your child is sick or recently recovered from an illness.
- There are alternative methods we can use to achieve the same results as immunisation. Homeopathy offers a safe alternative for consideration.